Anne Morgan, daughter of the American banker John Pierpont Morgan, settled in Blérancourt in 1917 to help the civilian population there. After buying the estate in 1919, she restored it and transformed the norther pavilion, built in the 17th century, into a guest house. The facility was comfortable: pantry and kitchen in the basement, living room on the ground floor and bedroom with bathroom on the first floor.
Anne Morgan was surrounded by this décor when she stayed there during the Second World War to create a new humanitarian organisation: the American Committee for Civilian Relief.
A portrait of Anne Morgan by the painter Philip de Lazlo adorns the walls of the salon on the ground floor.
The Pavilion was re-opened to the public in 2011 thanks to the support of the Amis français du musée association.